NPS Petrified Forest Energy Upgrades
Loven Contracting served as the Design-Build Contractor for Petrified Forest National Park’s transition to more efficient and renewable energy systems.
Project scope included:
- Installation of a Solar Water Heater and Associated Heat Exchanger
- The Apartment Wing, which houses (6) staff offices, (2) residential apartments and (1) washer laundry room, had a solar water heater installed on the roof above the water heater room and received a heat exchanger in the water heater room.
- Replacement of Existing HVAC System and Installation of PV System
- At the Community Building, the existing air conditioning units were replaced with more efficient models that were better able to serve the Community Building which contains multi-use space with Audio/Video (AV) capabilities and a kitchen.
- At this same building, a roof-mounted photovoltaic array was installed and tied into the existing power system in the meter room on the first floor. All associated conduit was required to be hidden in all public spaces.
- Replacement of Main Power Feed, Service Entrance and Building Main Panel and Construction of Parking Lot PV Shade Structure
- At the School Building, the main power feed from the transformer, service entrance and building main panel were fully replaced and upgraded.
- In the associated parking lot, an approximately 150’ x 18’ shade structure with a photovoltaic array was designed and constructed.