Historic Preservation in Yuma
Loven Contracting’s Historic Preservation Division offers an array of services for Yuma Properties
For Yuma business owners looking to identify property conditions and determine project scope before construction, our historic preservation services include adaptive reuse planning, historic structures reports, site assessment, experienced-based estimating, preservation planning, preventative maintenance planning, preservation law compliance, and architectural surveys. Our assessment services ensure that you are well-informed and can identify the best course of action for your project.
Historic Preservation in Yuma
Whether you are a single resource owner or investor in historic Yuma properties, Loven Contracting offers best-in-class services to meet your project requirements and goals. Our historic preservation team has years of experience completing historic preservation projects while maintaining project budgets and schedules.
ASSESSMENT & PRECONSTRUCTION SERVICES
- Historic Structures Reports: Historic Structures Reports may be required before construction can begin on a significant structure. Our in-house Historic Preservation Specialist is qualified by the Secretary of the Interior to perform site assessments and draft historic structure reports. These reports detail historic context and how the proposed project may affect the existing historic resource.
- Site Assessment: Our Historic Preservation Specialist, in partnership with our skilled craftspeople and tradesmen, will evaluate and determine site conditions for use in preconstruction phase.
- Experience-Based Estimating: Our Preconstruction and Estimating team offers realistic estimates and value engineering options based on many years of experience working with Historical Architects and on historic preservation and adaptive reuse projects.
- Preservation Planning: Our team will partner with you to develop a step-by-step plan that includes some or all aspects of the historic preservation process, as desired. This includes sourcing historically appropriate material, site planning, environmental contaminant assessment, and work with the federal, state, and local preservation officers to ensure compliance.
- Preventative Maintenance Planning: Preventative maintenance is the best way to reduce building life cycle costs. We provide case-specific plans that take both current issues and anticipated requirements into account.
- Preservation Law Compliance: Our team is experienced in complying with local, state, and federal laws pertaining to historic preservation, and can supply guidance and documentation in that regard.
- Architectural Surveys: We offer architectural survey services, documenting existing architectural components, as may be required for compliance with preservation guidelines or may be utilized in grant applications.
- Adaptive Reuse Planning: The most sustainable building is the one that is already built. Loven Contracting will work with Flagstaff property owners to repurpose existing structures to suit current needs.
- Qualified Craftsmen: Our highly skilled craftsmen, journeymen carpenters, and our trusted subcontractor resources have decades of practical preservation construction experience. This knowledge includes the use of historically appropriate building materials and construction methods, as well as the incorporation of contemporary systems (MEP, Fire/Life, ADA compliance) that adhere to historic preservation best-practices.
Historic Preservation Experts
Looking for the right leaders for your Yuma historic preservation project? Loven Contracting Superintendent and master carpenter Audey Eckel has over 40 years of experience completing projects on some of our nation’s most iconic structures. Audey was the superintendent for both the Desert View Watchtower Preservation and Buckey O’Neill Cabin Preservation, both of which received Governor’s Heritage Preservation Awards for exceptional project results. Brett Woods has over 20 years of historic preservation experience and was the project manager for the award-winning Buckey O’Neill Cabin Preservation project.