- All plumbing fixtures, lights, HVAC venting, door hardware, and accessories were replaced with new anti-ligature devices.
- Lounge and office spaces were equipped with advanced technology sound dampening panels.
- Epoxy flooring, solid surface surrounds, and anti-ligature shower doors were installed in the restrooms.
- The nurse’s station features new flooring, lighting, cabinetry, finishes, and new Omnicell equipment that replaced the outdated med/pyxis machines.
- The facility’s fire alarm system was updated, featuring ceiling-mounted alarm speaker strobes that voice directions when sounded.
- All secure doors include top door alarms that alert staff in the nurse’s station when triggered.
- The seclusion rooms have new door hardware and wall/floor padding to ensure patient safety.
The facility hallways and group activity rooms feature murals by renowned Hopi and Navajo artists Duane Koyawena, Baje Whitethorne Sr., and Landis Bahe, as well as Arizona mural artist Joe Pagac.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic,Loven Contracting’sproject management team strategized and enforced protocols to ensure crew and medical staff safety. This included utilizing a modified contractor-only entrance, temperature screening, limited occupancy, and social distancing requirements.