LUMBERYARD BREWING COMPANY
This project earned recognition from the Coconino County Sustainable Building Program and is a recipient of an Arizona Real Estate and Development Award (RED) Award.
Loven Contracting completed the adaptive reuse of the former Copeland Lumber facility into the Lumberyard Brewery Taproom and Grille. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the facility was selectively demolished and reconstructed into a 15,083SF restaurant and brewery using sustainable building techniques and processes.
Our construction services included:
- Reusing the original wood trusses and decorated wood stemming from the original lumber harvested from the demolition phase;
- Extensive structural repairs,
- Abatement of asbestos-containing VCT floor tiles and gypsum wall board;
- Replacing clerestory and main-floor windows with historically accurate replica stock; and
- Reconditioning the brick perimeter using historically accurate mortar texture and color mixed on-site and sealed for longevity.
Located in Downtown Flagstaff Historic District in a high-traffic area with one-way streets, Loven Contracting implemented various safety and security measures to ensure worker safety and limit local traffic congestion, including rerouting pedestrian traffic and diverting construction traffic through a side street. In addition, construction took place in winter conditions during a record snowfall year in Northern Arizona. Loven Contracting maintained the project schedule and delivered on time. Lumberyard Brewery exemplifies the possibilities of combining sustainable building with historic preservation.